Saturday, May 22, 2010

It clicked!

Don't you just love it when everything falls into place?  With one little click, it all lines up?  That's what happened for me today.  And it all started 16 years ago.
Sixteen years ago, I began to immerse myself in I Peter 3.  I wanted to learn how to be a good daughter of Sarah.  And I can tell you that I Peter 3 has become like a good friend to me.  I have learned much through the years from this one chapter.   
Things like: 
  • Submission is not a four letter word
  • What "adapting" looks like
  • That this chapter isn't just about responding to husbands who are unbelievers, but any husband who doesn't obey the Word in some respect
  • The importance of respecting your husband
  • The priority of a gentle and quiet spirit over outward beauty
  • God speaks to women first because they seem to be first responders
  • How it must have felt for Sarah to be offered to another man by her own husband
  • And many other things....

But today it clicked....and all of the balls fell into place.  This past week, I told you that I drew a line in the sand to fear.  I was tired of living in fear.  And I chose to be fearless.  And the results I saw were not natural...they were supernatural.  It wasn't until I was praying with a friend this morning, that we realized that being fearless is a part of the instruction in I Peter 3.  It will directly affect your marriage...I guarantee it. 
I discovered that it's a key to this passage---and it was there all along!  I think God has just been waiting for me to "get it!"  But hey!  It only took me 16 years.

No comments: