Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Soaring

I had a unique experience a few weeks ago--at least, unique to me.  I drew a line in the sand and stood fearlessly.  Not alone.  I'm not sure that's even possible.  But with God's Spirit filling me.  It's been in an area that Satan has attacked me most of my adult life.  But with God speaking to my heart and preparing me, I knew He had the final outcome in His hands and I could fall into those arms and trust Him with my life.  And something amazing took place.  I began to soar.  And I decided I never wanted to go back.

Tonight, I talked to a friend that took the very same step...the step into those arms.  And she's soaring. 

It's not a matter of a settled outcome.  God didn't give us that promise.  But it's the same attitude that Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego had:  "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter.  If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king.  But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."  Daniel 3:16-18 

That's the line I drew in the sand.  It's not about the outcome anymore.  I'm just tired of serving fear.    You can throw me into the fire, but I'm going to trust God for the end result.  And regardless of the outcome, He'll be glorified.

No comments: