Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Corn Nuts


I bought these "for the guys" at Living Water.  But this week, they've been calling my name.  I don't usually go for these treats, but I found there's just something about crunching into these nuts...corn...snacks.  (What are they, exactly?)  Of course, if I had weak teeth, I wouldn't dare try them.  But my teeth are healthy and strong.  And today?  They're taking away the burned bite of a blueberry donut out of my taste buds.  Nasty!  Some nameless baker needed to change their frying oil.  We eat very healthy snacks at Living Water. 

As a kid, I remember going to the "Little Store" (not really the name) a few blocks from our house with a NICKEL, mind you, and standing around forver trying to make up my mind how to spend it.  At that time, it would usually be a toss-up between a banana fudge bar or a Hershey bar.  Yes...for a nickel.  And sometimes I'd go for the fresh pomegranate.  It was a dime.  And yes...at the Little Store.

What treat from your past calls your name? I like the things not good for your teeth---things like Big Hunks and obviously, Corn Nuts. OH! And Cherry Mashes...and Hot Tamales...and Zeros...and....

8 comments:

Amy said...

I thought I had the same taste in food as you. But apparently I don't. haha
If you are naming junk food...and donuts...well, I'd have to say that one of my all time favorite things is a donut from Donut Stop. I CAN'T QUIT THINKING ABOUT THEM!!!!! July cannot come soon enough.

Sandra said...

Don't forget Lemon Heads and cinnamon toothpicks!

Becky Dietz said...

CINNAMON TOOTHPICKS!! I'd forgotten all about them!

Gary said...

Slo Pokes. And the VERY best junk food from my childhood . . . Spudnuts!

Tammy said...

ok did ya'll make your own cinnamon toothpicks like we did? i don't really remember eating candy as a kid? is that weird??? but Becky, i do remember my friend and i getting that pomegrenate for quarter every year. we'd walk around for a long time eating those things!!!

Tammy said...

i DO remember from my younger days actually craving a chili cheese dog from der weinerschnitzel and bavarian cream donuts from dunkin donuts i loved them so much that on our way to houston for my back surgery, my Daddy surprised me and made a stop for me before we left :)

Sarah said...

I loved all the cereals that were from Atari games like the barrels from Donkey Kong which I lost one of my front teeth on. I also love Tootsie Rolls to this very day!

Becky Dietz said...

Sarah, I'm STUCK on Big Hunks right now! What is wrong with me????