Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Master Builder


As I was reading the story of Noah in Genesis 6, I was struck with the thought that God is the Master Builder.  When you look at the details God gave Noah, it's pretty incredible.  And I don't think we know the half of what God actually gave Noah.  (I'd definitely need it written out!)  In the footnotes of my Life Application Bible, it says this:

"The boat Noah built was no canoe!  Picture yourself building a boat the length of one and a half football fields and as high as a four-story building.  The boat was exactly six times longer than it was wide--the same ratio used by modern shipbuilders."

I know God was/is the Master Builder--He created the world we live in with such exact order.  Zach saw my sand dollar ornament on my tree during Thanksgiving and he made the comment that only God could have created something like that--and it refutes the argument of a world exploding into existence.

So...if God has called me to be a wall builder for my life, my family and my church, I think I better get instructions from the Master Builder.  It would be a shame to be creating my own part of the wall and come to a place where I meet my neighbor's part of the wall--and it not fit!!  How embarrassing (not to mention futile) would that be?

The Master Builder has a plan.  I need to read it and follow it.

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Great in sight Becky! Thanks for the challenge to be consulting the Master!!!