Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Breath of Fresh Air

I learned something today.  I learned how important it is to edify someone.  People have encouraged me before--plenty of times.  But I've never had someone come in my office, close the door, and spend the next 30 minutes edifying me--until today.  The thing is, I know it takes courage.  It's not easy to look someone in the eyes and tell them what they mean to you.

It was like a breath of fresh air.  It was like walking in the desert and someone handing you a 44 oz. cup of water with Sonic ice in it--that never empties!

I don't know that I've ever edified someone else.  But I can promise you I will.

"Let each one of us make it a practice to please (make happy) his neighbor for his good and for his true welfare, to edify him [to strengthen him and build him up spiritually]."  Romans 15:2

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

AMEN!!! So glad you got that today...we all need those at times!