Saturday, May 2, 2009

Weekend with Grandkids

In no particular order are some grandkid moments from this weekend: (This set of grandkids calls me Guh)

Addie: Ryan, I poopied in my Cinderella panties.
Ryan: Oh.
Addie: Say Ahhhh, Ryan. (Said in a commiserate tone)
Ryan: Ahhhhh.

Ryan (at 7:30 this morning): Guh, I'm hungry.
Guh gets up and brings dry cereal to our bed where Ryan is watching Mickey Mouse. (Pops flew the coop to the quiet attic before Ryan arrived).
Ryan at 7:45: Guh, I'm still hungry.
Guh sleepily gets up and refills his bowl.
Ryan at 8:00: ANOTHER Mickey Mouse??? Guh, I'm still hungry.
Guh: Ryan, do you want more cereal or do you want a cinnamon roll later?
Ryan: A cinnamon roll.
Ryan at 8:30: ANOTHER Mickey Mouse???? Guh, I'm still hungry.
Guh (after sleeping in-between each breakfast moment): Do you want a banana?
Ryan: YES!
Ryan at 8:38: Guh, are the cinnamon rolls ready yet?
Guh: No, Ryan, I haven't made them yet. We need to wait til Mommy & Daddy wake up.
Ryan at 8:47: Guh, are they ready yet?
Guh: No, Ryan, I haven't gotten up yet, remember?
Ryan at 8:56: Guh, can I go help you make cinnamon rolls?
Guh: Sure, Ryan...let's go make cinnamon rolls.

Addie: Mommy, click me.
Lindsey (extending her wand of a rolled up paper): Click. You're a hippo.
Addie: What sound does a hippo make, Mommy?
Lindsey: I'm not sure, Addie.
Daddy (finding a hippo sound on the laptop): Here it is, Addie. WHERRR. WHERRR.
Addie: Wherrr. Wherrr. Click me, Mommy.
Lindsey: Click. You're a flower.
Addie rises as a beautiful flower.
Daddy still finding sounds on the computer: BLAAAAH. BLAAAAH. Splat!
Guh: What was that sound????
Daddy (chuckling): That was someone throwing up!
Addie: Let me see, Daddy.
Daddy: It's just a sound, Addie. There aren't any pictures.
Addie: Was that me throwing up, Daddy? (She threw up 2 nights ago)
Daddy: It sounds like you, doesn't it, Addie?
Addie: My food turned into throw up, didn't it, Daddy?
Daddy: Yes, Addie.
Addie: And it got in my hair?
Daddy: Yes, Addie.

Ryan: MOMMY!! HI, MOMMY!!
Daddy & Pops installing a security camera on my computer. Mommy is in front of the hidden camera.
Addie: Running from another room...Where's Mommy?
Ryan: There she is! WAVE, Mommy!
Mommy dances and waves.

Addie: Pops, my lambie doesn't have throw up on it anymore.
Pops never responds. He's watching tv.
Guh: Come here, Addie. I'm so sorry you threw up. But you're feeling better now, aren't you?
Addie: Yeah.

Mommy: Addie, go ask Daddy if he's ready to go.
Addie: I threw up, Mommy. My food turned to throw up, didn't it?
Mommy: Addie, let's quit talking about throw up. Go see if Daddy is ready to go.
A few minutes pass and Guh finds Pops, Daddy and both kids watching tv together now.

Kisses and hugs as they get ready to leave.
Addie: Bye, Guh.
Guh: I love you a bushel and a peck, Addie (Guh breaks out into song.)
Addie: I threw up, Guh.
Mommy rolls her eyes and reiterates: Addie, we're not going to talk about that anymore.
Addie: But it got on my bed and hair, huh Mommy?
Mommy: Kiss Guh.

Ryan & Addie getting in their car seats: Bye Pops! Bye Guh!
Addie: I threw up in the computer (remembering the sound)
Mommy: Addie! QUIT TALKING ABOUT THROWING UP!!!! YOU ARE NOT SICK NOW!
Addie: My food turned into throw up, huh, Mommy?
Mommy: YES! But it's over!
Guh: I love you a bushel and a peck, Addie! Blowing kisses.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm laughing out loud. She was still talking about it even while we were putting them to bed, saying she wasn't going to throw up in her bed again. I just ignored it, but she told me to say, "Ohhhhhhh."

Julie Simmons said...

LOVE it! especially the breakfast story. fun times.... :)

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

How funny. I love it when they get fixated on something. That was pretty cute.

amy wright said...

Funny Addie. And poor Ryan...having to wait until 9:00! My kids are already having their first snack by that time, ha!

Becky Dietz said...

Waiting? Ryan had had 4 breakfasts by 9!! LOL!! That kid chowed down all day long. Going through a growth spurt, I guess.

Tammy said...

aren't grandkid's awesome?!