Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Living under pressure?

Consider this...
"Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it. But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it." Matthew 7:13-14 (Amplified)

When Jodina read this in our prayer time this week, it was a breakthrough for me! I've been talking about the pressure of these days and when she read this, it all made sense. Now I well know we can live under pressure of our own making and that the enemy can certainly apply pressure to our lives as well. We never considered that God applied pressure! But he does. The narrow way will bring pressure into your lives. Years ago, God gave me a word picture of this verse. I saw the narrow way as the birth canal. When we choose Truth, the narrow way...we are squeezed through the narrow way into LIFE!

So examine the pressure you may be living under. Is it of your own making? Is the enemy applying pressure to try and make you go the wrong direction? Or...is God applying pressure to birth you into LIFE?

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Have you noticed that the "pressure" has gotten more intense in Christian circles? I think He is working to make us ready for His return.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think I deal with all the above types of pressure....sometimes it's tricky knowing which one is the God pressure!!!

Mendi said...

Thanks Becky - a much needed word for me today!

Refiners fire - is still fire that burns, a process that molds us isn't comfortable but brings more of HIM to my life.

Tammy said...

Becky, how is your son Zach? Did he get his test results? Pressure is my middle name right now, and I don't have a clue as to what kind it is.

Becky Dietz said...

Zach found out he does not have an ulcer---just high stomach acid. Prescription ordered. And...he slept quite well through his sleep apnea test! ha! He was bummed out by that. He's doing better---thanks for asking, Tammy!