Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Laughing My Head Off!

Don't tell a soul....
After we installed the Brinks security system at Living Water, I kind of just put the cheap video system aside. It was still installed, but I didn't see the need for it now that I felt more secure. Well, yesterday, I thought, "What the heck!" So I opened it up on my computer before I left yesterday and armed it. I'd forgotten it had sound as well as video feed!
I have to set the scene up:
I knew the guys were here this morning loading groceries into sacks, but I ran by about 7:30 to get a check to deposit before I went walking. I knew they'd hear the bell ring when I came in, but didn't want to take the time to go back there and tell them it was me! (They always suspect it's me) So I rushed out the door, thinking nothing about it.
So...when I finally got here for work, I thought, "Oh yeah! I set the video last night. Think I'll take a look!" I was rolling on the floor laughing!!!
All three guys had come to my office when they heard me come in and then leave at 7:30. The video shows them rummaging around my desk looking for my cell phone number (which I've put on a list of numbers since this happened). I guess they were going to call me and see if it was me. One man kept reassuring the others that he was sure it had been me since I had left the light on. Then...it digressed. They all pulled out their cell phones to see if they had my number...and then they began exchanging numbers with one another. For the longest time, the oldest of the three was quietly looking through his billfold. And then he finally declares, "There it is!! My phone number is xxx-xxxx." (He couldn't remember it, so he had to look for where he'd written it down.) One guy asked him if he carried his cell phone with him and he said, "No...not really. You probably won't be able to get me if you call!" They left the room together discussing how they needed to get my cell phone number when I got back. I came back at 8:45 and joined them for a snack....and not one of them remembered to ask me!
Yeah....I think I'm going to keep arming this video. Great entertainment! But don't tell!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

ROFL!!

amelia bedelia said...

That is super funny...men! I need one of those!

amy wright said...

haha
I'll remember that when I come up to visit. :)

amy wright said...

Wait! That makes me wonder where I have been on video before and didn't know it.

Rachel said...

Hysterical. My friend and I like to give the people at United something to laugh about. When feeling carefree we perform in the aisles. It's good therapy.

Enjoying the journey... said...

too cute.

Lindsey said...

that's too funny!