Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blessed=Happy

Jodina watched Beth Moore yesterday and filled me in this morning as we walked. Maybe you saw it. Beth quoted this Bible verse: "Her children rise up and call her blessed..." (Proverbs 31: 28) Beth asked, "Do you know what blessed means?" And, of course, Jodina & I did...ha! Actually, we'd studied it in relation to Matthew 5, but had not put it in context with this verse. Blessed=happy.
Of course, it's a little deeper than just happy, but.....
Do your children say you're happy? If they're young, will they rise up some day and say, "My mom was/is happy?"
Wow. I better start getting happy.

6 comments:

Julie Simmons said...

very good point. i'm glad that i should strive for my children to say "my mom was happy" rather than "my mom had the cleanest carpets in town" or "my mom always had my clothes ironed".

Anonymous said...

Well, actually I don't think my kids would say YES! In fact they have seen many things that would help them believe otherwise....but it is true...I didn't used to be happy! But I AM now!!! And I hope my kids will come to realize that soon!!!!!!!!!!

Duncans in Doha said...

Thanks for that tidbit of information. I need to work on that. I'd like to have a memory in my children's minds as happy.

Anonymous said...

And for some reason I am always happier in summer. I get really depressed in winter....

amy wright said...

I asked my kids if they thought I am happy, sad or mad. Isaac said mad and Josiah said happy. Then Isaac changed his mind and told me that I'm happy. ha But this really made me think. There are times when I might be happy, but I'm busy and it comes off as mad. I will be paying attention now!

The Johnsons said...

I saw Beth last week, and this point really stuck with me, too. Definitely something I want my girls to say about me one day...