Monday, January 20, 2014

My Life in Retrospect


Just one more thing I learned through my journals this week.  I saw how God so patiently and lovingly brought me out.  I told you that the thing I've struggled with the most in my life has been my finances.  And twenty years ago, in my journals, I talked about it nonstop.  I walked completely in overwhelming fear which led to a poverty mentality.

Now if I'd been God, I probably would have shaken me and given me a couple of swift kicks in the rear and told me to straighten up!  But no...God just loved on me and brought me out baby step by baby step.  He encouraged me and loved me unconditionally.  I deserved judgment, but He extended grace.

It's because of that sweet grace that I can now look at others differently.  Instead of looking at the outward appearances which can manifest as control, fear, sarcasm, perfectionism, or a host of other things...I try to see how God is at work in their lives.  I want to see the same grace that is bringing them out a baby step at a time.  I want to extend that same grace and unconditional love because we're all pilgrims in imperfect progress.

I'm glad I kept my journals...even if it was just for this moment to look back and to have God's perspective on my life.

No comments: