Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Wright Kids & Me

I have to admit...my time with the Wright kids got off to a rocky start.  I came with a tickle in my chest that became a cough by Friday morning.  It became full-blown "something" by Saturday.  I'd planned on taking the kids to church today but woke up admitting I just didn't feel good.  Friday was also a hard day for Mr. Josiah.  Amy had warned me that she thinks he's become gluten intolerant.  That was proven out by Friday night after all the bread he'd eaten.  He came in and laid down (first clue!) and told me that his tummy was "worried."  (I love his term!)  So we just chilled for the evening and tried to make his tummy better.  I was afraid it was more than that by bedtime because he seemed to have a fever and chills.


Josiah with a worried tummy.

But...this was Josiah by Saturday morning.  He was washing the morning dishes in his undies (he'll hate me some day!) appropriately singing "Bare Necessities."  HA!

This is the Queen Chef.  She was in her dress-up clothes cooking.  Olivia plays so well by herself.  She'd gotten a new cookbook with measuring spoons and was getting after it!

We decided to make a big sign welcoming Hadassah home and make Valentines to put all over it.  So tonight, we made the first of those.  Isaac is quite an artist.
He's also quite an acrobat.  I heard a loud THUMP tonight after I'd put them to bed and he'd fallen out of his top bunk---right on the top of his head.  Oh. my. goodness.  I hope we all survive.  Thank goodness for guardian angels!!
Because we didn't go to church this morning, we had a special treat.  Mumzie called us and told us we could watch Baby Dax's dedication on their church's website with live streaming.  It was precious!!  All of us gathered around my new iPhone and watched the entire thing.  Dax was sporting his yellow vest and was very handsome.  We loved getting to be a part of his dedication that way.
Yes, I left Borger without my phone.  I realized it at breakfast in Amarillo.  And I panicked.  Andy took me to Sam's to get a new iPhone (he's been bugging me to get it since Christmas) after I realized I'd be up a creek without a paddle, so to speak.  My kids don't have a landline, so I HAD to have a cell phone with me, in case of an emergency--or just to be able to communicate!  When I realized a throw-away phone would be quite an investment, I just chose to upgrade what I had.  So...I now have a new phone minus lots of phone numbers.  I'll get there, though.
After seeing a friend's post on Facebook, I looked out my window and saw it---it's SNOWING in DALLAS!!  Yee-haw!!  A part of me wants to wake the kids up to see it, but the wise adult part says "no."  They'd never get back to sleep!!
I'm feeling like I may actually wake up in the morning feeling normal.  Please pray with me that none of the kids gets this---I sure don't want to pass it through this family with a new baby coming home!
THURSDAY MORNING!!!
We're counting down the days til Hadassah comes home!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Becky, so excited about the new addition to your family!!! I'm hoping our gkids's don't get whatever it was I had while I kept them friday night also. Poor Tamra & Kyle almost everytime they go to Lubbock they get called back early. Mine was a stomach something??? I am glad you are feeling better, and yes, I too am so thankful for the guardian angels.

Lindsey said...

Love that picture of Siah, and yes he will probably be upset with you over that someday! I'm glad you're feeling better!