Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hi, my name is Becky and I'm a Facebook Junky

I tried getting on Facebook this past week.  Some of you may have seen a few of my posts or comments.  It didn't go very well---I wanted to spend more time on there than I should.  So I've decided to stay away for awhile and see if I can take it down another notch.

I love being on there for contact with old friends.  I love being on there to see what cute pictures my kids post.  And I love being on there to see the prayer needs and answered prayers of others.  I have a friend who's been fighting cancer and is in remission now.  I saw her Friday night and she was telling me how wonderful it's been to get on Facebook and let everyone know she was going for a chemo session--and knowing they would pray.  She felt those prayers.  I love that!  And I love being on there for reasons like that.

But I guess I don't know how to be on there yet and not let it take over my life.  That's pathetic, isn't it?  A grandma addicted to Facebook.

The good news is that I'm very engaged in people around me.  And I'm very engaged with God.  I love that.

1 comment:

amy wright said...

Hi, Becky.

Isn't that what you say at an AA meeting? :)