Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We're READY!!

We're ready.  In fact, we've spent a whole week getting ready. 
We made a sign to welcome Hadassah home and since it was Valentine's...
we went with the heart theme.
And because we already love her.





I can't even begin to describe the anxiousness on the part of these three kids.  (I had to go back and add the first 3 photos.  I decided this last photo of the 3 kids didn't describe their anxiousness enough.  They would hardly stand still long enough for me to get their photo--a bunch of little blurry hams.  You'll notice Isaac finally got in-between the 2 biggest hams to help calm them down.)
Josiah (left) was at home with Jay & Amy as they did the whole adoption paperwork process...and he was very aware.  He kept us all praying specific prayers throughout this past year.
Isaac (center) is the big brother.  And he takes his job very seriously.  He can't wait to see all the little tricks that Hadassah can already do.
Olivia (right) is the big sister.  And she told me today that she wants to keep Hadassah forever--to be her special baby--without the boys.  (Meaning--her own special playmate!)  She can't wait to see her new baby sister...but she's also anxious to see mom & dad.  A week is a long time for a little girl.

These notes may make you tear up!
   When Isaac showed me this, he said, "This is going to be the most awesome day E-V-E-R!!!

Josiah's note (with nothing changed):  
"bear Hadassah (he's a lefty and gets some letters backwards still)
I am Glade that you are here.  We are Gowing to hav Great tim."  And he means it with all his heart.

And this is Olivia's drawing of her family.  Mom was on the front of the card and from left to right are:
Baby Hadassah (in the circles), Dad, Olivia with a hat, Josiah & Isaac.  (She calls these eyes her spider eyes! ha!)

I waited to post this tonight after I knew Jay & Amy were on the long overseas flight and wouldn't have a chance to see it.  

Please be praying for us...the boys have gotten the cough I had and feel pretty lousy.  Thanks to a doctor I know, we got some meds for them.  (Praise God!!  Because I had no idea where to take them in Dallas!  And praise God that their pastor is picking Jay & Amy up at DFW--I know I'd get lost!)  So we're hoping everyone wakes up  feeling so much better!!
We plan on getting up in the morning and getting things DONE around here--breakfast, school, last-minute clean-ups--so that we are READY when Hadassah comes home!!  I have a feeling things may be a little chaotic and unfocused.  
Or maybe...we'll be very focused on this 
most awesome day E-V-E-R!!!

3 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Love Olivia in the second picture. You can tell she's beside herself. Amy is going to cry reading those notes. What a precious keepsake she will have. How will you sleep tonight?????

Lindsey said...

Our anticipation is great here as well. I cannot imagine the atmosphere of excitement, anxiousness, suspense, and love going on in that house! We can't wait!

Kara said...

I can feel the excitement through your blog and almost hear their little squeals!! SOOO excited and a little bit teary!! YAY!!!! I love watching this new chapter unfold. God is so amazing.