Monday, February 6, 2012

The Corruptible by Mark Mynheir


I have read The Corruptible by Mark Mynheir.  In fact, this was my first eBook to review on my new Kindle Fire.  So I'd like to address that aspect of this book first.  I was disappointed in the layout of this eBook.  There were words which were run together or big spaces in the words.  There were gaps with symbols which were foreign to me.  It wasn't impossible to read...it was just annoying.  I expected the same layout as a printed book.
The story is very believable.  I loved the character of Ray Quinn.  He was what you'd expect out of a former policeman who has become a private investigator.  Ray was injured as a police officer and deals with his intense pain through a bottle of Jim Beam.  (He preferred drinking over prescription medicines which left him unable to function.)   Ray is training a younger version of himself named Crevis. Ray left the police department in good standing and with the authority to make use of some of their information and to participate in their investigations--which helps him as he tries to find the murderer of an undercover policeman who they believe became corrupt.  The investigation takes you into offices of a germaphobic CEO, drug addicts and biker gangs--all of which are very believeable.

This was the second book in this series.  You finally come to realize that Pam is the sister of the pastor who was killed in the first book--and also where Ray was injured and put out of commission.  Pam is the Christian who gently tries to persuade Ray to come to Christ.  She's so grateful that Ray found her brother's murderer that she helps whenever and however she can.  She's teaching Crevis so he can pass his exam and become a police officer.

I enjoyed reading this book.  And I won't even hint at the ending because you're kept guessing!

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: