Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Sure Plan

In Sunday School, we've been studying Romans 8.  This past Sunday, Bill Smith (our S.S. teacher) read this:  "What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]  He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?"


What I'm about to say is nothing new.  We know God can do anything.  But that night, as I put my head on my pillow, I had a revelation.  It occurred to me that God was SO SURE of HIS PLAN that He was willing to send His son to die for us.


Think about your circumstances--whatever you're going through right now.  God was so sure of HIS GOOD PLAN for you...that He sent Jesus to die for you.


I fell asleep that night confident that He was at work to make His GOOD PLAN happen for me.  It's going to happen.  It's a sure thing.  We can either come in agreement for it here--or there.  But it's going to happen.  And He's SURE of it!  The thought built my faith and confidence in God.

No comments: