Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas from Niger

How can one person make a difference in the poorest country in the world?  That's a question I began asking myself a few months ago.  And since I couldn't answer it, but still had a heavy burden in my heart, I began to ask God to give us answers.  A friend of mine (KS) was a missionary in Niger, West Africa (click to read more about this country).
And the stories she told broke my heart.  People she knew were dying from malnutrition, starvation, and disease.  Plus they had no visible means of support.  KS helped a lady buy a refrigerator so she could make a living selling ice.  They grow millet and pretty much exist on that.
Sifting millet
Not only is Niger the poorest country, but there's been one of the worst droughts in history in 2010.
Drought
So...I went to KS and asked, "What can they do?  Do they make any craft we could sell?"  -No.-  My brain was racing.  "Can we send them paper to make note cards so we can sell them?"  -Too much logistical work.-  I'm not sure how it happened, but apparently, KS talked to some women in Niger and they told her they could make beaded bracelets.  So these Christian ladies (that my friend led to the Lord) began making bracelets.  They call them "Patience Bracelets" because they're pretty small and you patiently squeeze your hand through them.  But once they're on, they won't roll off easily and are meant to be left on.

And YOU can buy them and support fellow Christians in the poorest country in the world!  There are 5 beaded bracelets tied together with a ribbon--for $5.   And there are many colors!!  I'm going to post some photos of some of the bracelets we have.  Each bracelet will come with a card explaining the purchase of this bracelet supports Christians in the poorest country in the world.
Black & Light Blue

Red & White  GONE!

Green & Yellow

Metallic Gold, Blue, Purple & Green  GONE!

Pink & Blue

Blue & Yellow--larger

Blue & White--larger

Red & Yellow--larger

Red, Black &  White--larger

All of the bracelets (set of 5 tied together) are $5 each.  Ribbons may vary.

With each bracelet, you'll receive a card explaining that the purchase of this bracelet is supporting Christians in Niger.  These would make GREAT stocking stuffers!  Give a gift that means something this year--a gift that will help the poor.  Let's make a difference!!

Bracelet:  $5
Shipping (up to 6 bracelets):  $2
Patience Br
Please leave me a message with your order and your mailing address and email address.  Some of the bracelets are limited.  If you live in Borger, you may pick them up from me!  Or you can email me at dietzbecky@hotmail.com.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE CHRISTIANS IN NIGER!!
One person may not be able to change the poorest country in the world.  But together...we can make a difference!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I like the red black and white one too, or even the red and white. I may need to order more than I e-mailed you about. LOL! I'll let you know.