Saturday, November 19, 2011

Treating Myself



Sometimes you just have to treat yourself.  There are weeks or months which are so busy that you just have to slow down and do something nice to yourself.  Today was one of those days.  My life has been crazy for about 3 months now...and we just finished our Thanksgiving Day at Living Water--the busiest day of the year for us.  And actually, last week was almost as big!  Whew!

I knew I could sleep in today, but my body no longer allows that to happen.  I was awake by 7 and just got up.  I walked into the living room and looked out the window and was overwhelmed by the gorgeous sunrise (above).  I thanked God for blessing me with such a beautiful gift!!   And then I just spent some time with the Lord.  Andy had gotten some cinnamon rolls for us last night, so I popped those in the oven and made some coffee.  My morning was off to a great start.  David began texting me and we enjoyed texting back and forth for about 1.5 hours.  I loved it!  I also began reading a new book by Robert Whitlow--one I've been saving to read--just for fun.

Andy came in and joined me for cinnamon rolls and told me he was going to his mom's to change some timers on her lamps and at noon, he was going with Stu to learn how to fly fish.  My day was suddenly feeling luxurious--I was going to have a day to myself to do whatever I wanted.  Before Andy left, he brought some Sammy's sandwiches for us to enjoy and then he was off for a day of fishing.

I treated myself to a pedicure at a new place.  It was great.  Afterwards, I wanted to go to Penney's to use a coupon for $10 off $10.  I found 4 tops for ME (!) and paid $2.00 total for all of them.  What a deal!  I also wanted to find some outfits for Miss Hadassah so Jay & Amy could take them to Ethiopia when they go in a couple of weeks.  I found lots of pink for that little beauty.  And I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they fit!

I enjoyed a Chinese dinner from my new favorite restaurant in town.  I came home and saw Robby in the yard and discussed adding electrical outlets on the outside of my house--which he told me was totally possible.  What a neighbor!

And then I came home and finished that Robert Whitlow book.  I totally enjoyed my day.  It was so nice to treat myself to some of my favorite things.  And it was great to slow down and just enjoy.  Andy just got home and said he really got the hang of fly fishing, caught a fish, and scored a new rod.  I think we both enjoyed our days.  Thanks, God!  You started it off just right.

4 comments:

amy wright said...

I love days like that. You deserved it, that's for sure!!! Love you.

As We Are said...

Good for you!! And what a great bargain shopper you are!

Tammy said...

way to go Becky! i am glad you LET yourself have the day :)

Lindsey said...

What an awesome day! You totally deserved it. Love you so much!