Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bank of America Office

Amy had asked me to keep my eyes open for a set of office phones for her kids.  She thought they'd love to have them to play office.  I was at Dub's (our local junk store) yesterday and found these.  Even though they're not office phones, I thought the grandkids would have fun playing with them at my house--and they were clean!  So I made a big $6 purchase.  Just so you know, they are now the Bank of America phones.

Ryan & Addie are visiting and the phones became an immediate hit.  Addie keeps wanting to put her name on her phone (possession is a difficult thing at Grandma's house!), but I told her we couldn't.  But it doesn't keep her from asking...again...and again.
This morning at breakfast, they were already at play.  Addie answers her phone as, "This is Selena at Bank of America."  She has a great office voice.  Ryan is Ryan, the bank president.  I am Ms. Margaret--the bank flunky.  I got off on the wrong foot on my first day of work by answering the phone as "Wells Fargo...this is Margaret.  May I help you?"  Mr. Ryan looked at Selena in shock!  I had to tell the people on the line that they had the wrong number and slammed the phone down.
So the day started off as a huge surprise call to Mr. Ryan.  He hung up his phone with huge eyes and a big smile---we were all getting 3000 pieces of money!!  What a windfall. 

So Ms. Margaret was instructed to take notes of what we would use this 3000 pieces of money for.  With Mr. Ryan, there was no philanthropy involved.  (If you click on the above photo, you may be able to read the list.  Mr. Ryan dictated the first 2 lines.) 
The next call to Mr. Ryan was from the President of the United States of America.  And Mr. Ryan HUNG UP on the President!  When I confronted him, he said that the president was mean--he'd lost all of our money. 
Ms. Margaret received a call that there had been a stock market crash.  (The looks from that call were priceless.  They had no idea.)  But as I explained it to them, Selena got on the phone to the robbers.  She wanted to know if they were responsible for the stock market crash.  (Apparently, I'm a bad explainer...or maybe not.)  They were responsible!!  And they showed up at the bank.  As they got near the window, Mr. Ryan pushed a button which sent the robbers through a trap door--straight to the police department.
Through the course of all of this, Selena had a heart attack and became an angel (with half of her hair over one eye).  She floated between heaven and earth and brought messages from God to Mr. Ryan & Ms. Margaret.  God even allowed her to sit on his throne at times.  She wanted Margaret to become an angel and go to heaven, but alas...Ms. Margaret hadn't finished her coffee.
The End.

It was all I could do not to die laughing at times.  These two are great pretenders and have such affected voices.


2 comments:

amy wright said...

Hahahahha. I must say that I was a bit lost with the story, but it held my attention. :) Have fun, Ms. Margaret! Try not to screw too much up!

Ronnie said...

That's hilarious and what a FUN memory with those adorable kiddos!!! I guarantee they will never forget the time they played bank at Grandma's!