Saturday, November 26, 2011

We're skipping Thanksgiving next year...

The past 4 Thanksgivings have been less than idyllic, so we decided we're just going to skip Thanksgiving next year! 
Not really.

This is how our Thanksgiving ended this year.  Olivia was the 1st to go down with a stomach bug. 
Poor baby.

But there were highlights along the way.  I love this photo of Dax seeing our Christmas tree for the 1st time.  He loved it!

We were going to take a picture of David (left) and Jay (right) who came out dressed almost identically for Thanksgiving lunch.  But Zach wanted to sandwich his red shirt in between the 2.

We enjoyed lunch with Amy, David & Zach's families and Andy's mom and my mom.  We missed Lindsey this year while she was in Brownwood taking care of her grandmother who fell and broke her hip.  Matt's family went to Kansas to be with Lisa's brother.  We missed them, too. 
We had 15 family members present.

This is the kids' table.  Benjamin (my nephew in the red striped shirt) joined us!  He wanted to be with cousins his own age, so he came over with Gran.  These kids know how to have a good time together!  Out of the 15 eating here, 7  9  10 of them came down with the stomach bug.

We had quite a spread for Thanksgiving--it took up 3 counters and 1 island.

2 great-grandmothers enjoyed playing with Dax.

2 techies checking out new stuff.

3 boy cousins in their flannel pajamas and 1 crazy uncle behind.

As people began to drop with the stomach bug, 1 family left for the hills.

Addilyn is teaching 1 grandmother how to play Angry Birds.

This was the 1st princess to fall.  I love that she fell asleep holding her cracker (these became our best friends) and her drink---all while in her princess dress.

1 sick Mommy.
And a par-tri-dge in a pear tree.
I'm going to start praying now for our next Thanksgiving.  
It's just got to be better than the past 4.

2 comments:

amy wright said...

Hey! We all survived. :) Plus, I lost 4 pounds. So maybe it was successful. haha
I'll have to steal your pictures since my camera is messed up!

Lindsey said...

I remember how bad the Thanksgiving four years ago was and last year's...what happened three years ago that I'm not remembering??? I really missed you all, but I'm really glad I seem to have missed out on sharing the tummy bug so far. Keep your fingers crossed!