Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update on fearlessness

Do you realize how many ways Satan tries to entrap us in fear?  Once we open ourselves to fear, Satan has opportunity to mess with our minds and our lives.  I recently told you about standing fearlessly.  The results in my life were so dramatic that it's caused me to want to live a fearless life.

So...I began.  Not perfectly, but I began.  And you know what?  Satan has taken out his bazookas and aimed at me.  I can't even tell you the number of ways he's enticed me to fear.  Incredible!  He hasn't just used circumstances surrounding my own life, but the lives of those near me to try and draw me into fear. 

I'm guessing God meant what He said.  "And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God."  Philippians 1:28.

Satan's not a good loser.