Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sweet Surprise

When I came home today, there was a large package sitting on my dining table....which let me know:
1.  Andy had been home and brought the package inside.
2.  There was a surprise waiting!!

I checked out the address label and it was MINE!  My mind began racing--trying to remember if I'd ordered something.  Couldn't think of a thing.  So I began digging in.  And THIS is what I found:




A Senseo coffee maker.  WOW!!  For those of you who know me, you know I love coffee and I'm always open for a new coffee gadget.  Not only was there a coffee maker, there was a complete box of different types of coffee pods!  WHOA!  (Notice a couple of packages are already opened!)

Then I could contain my curiosity no longer.  I began digging for a receipt.  Who was this from????
Nathan White.

Nathan White???  Seriously?  Why would Nathan send me a wonderful coffee maker?  "Andy????  Why would Nathan White send me a fabulous coffee maker?  Do you know?"

Andy comes running to see and begins laughing.  He'd gone to Nathan's home recently to pick up a piano that Nathan had donated to Living Water.  While Andy waited on the other guys to get there and help, Nathan served him coffee that Andy loved.  So Andy asked Nathan to write down the coffee maker info so he could pick up that neat little gadget for me for the next gift-giving event.  And obviously, Andy didn't move fast enough.

Sorry, Andy.  Nathan gets these brownie points!  BIG Brownie Points!!

7 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

WOW, what a guy! That's pretty neat.

TheShermanFam said...

How awesome!! Christy was looking at these coffee makers (and some other brand) in Ama yesterday...you'll have to let us know how much you love it!!
Yay for you!!! 8)

Sandra said...

Cool! Enjoy.

amy wright said...

haha Did Dad like it enough to drink some more at home?

Becky Dietz said...

Oh yeah, Amy! Dad loves it!! But he did say he can't drink coffee at night anymore. ha!

Anyone's welcome to come drink a cup! It's lots of fun to make.

elizabeth skaggs said...

Becky,
My brother in law has one of these and I LOVE it! He automatically makes some for me as soon as I enter their home because he knows how much I adore the stuff!! I love that it was surprise for you - - a wonderful blessing!!

Sarah said...

My brother-in-law has one too and I have been contemplating buying one, but I need my caffeine iv so I haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus, I'm still in my iced coffee stage, which I found there is a machine for also!!! Congrats on the new coffee pot!!!