Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Redemption

I believe God's story can be boiled down to that one word.  Redemption.  God had redemption on His mind when He created Adam & Eve....and us. 

I can get overwhelmed when I look at my own life.  No matter how hard I try to live perfectly, I can't.  I can grow (and should).  I can mature.  But even God knew I'd never be perfect.  That's why He had to use His plan of redemption.

And why do I think my life must be perfect?  I can't think of one person whom God uses as an illustration in His Word who was perfect (besides Jesus, of course).  Abraham?  Nope.  Moses?  Not quite.  Sarah?  Nada.  David?  No way.  Esther?  Negative.  Mary?  No, Ma'am.

But if any of us could be perfect, we wouldn't need Jesus.  And we do (need Him).  We need His plan of redemption.  Otherwise, we'd be trying to do this life all on our own.  And no matter how much of a perfectionist you are, you can never achieve perfection.  Just can't happen.  We need God's plan of redemption which comes through grace.  Redeemed...what a beautiful word.  Let's let God redeem our mistakes, mess-ups and sin.  Through His redemption, His glory will be seen!! 

"...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood..."  Romans 3:23-25

No comments: