Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Amish Books


Beverly Lewis is the author who first piqued my interest in the Amish. This series is especially good. (It's also the 2nd book in this series) If you haven't read any of her books, you must. They're very easy to read--and you'll especially enjoy the Pennsylvania Dutch language she includes. I think almost all of her books include a "fancy" person meeting the Amish community. You'll get caught up in the courting traditions, the bans, and Mammi & Dawdi living in a room attached to their children's homes. Hopefully, your church library will have these books, but if they don't, check your local county/city library--or your favorite Christian bookstore.

2 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

I have seen her books at the seminary library. I am going to get a few now.

amy wright said...

I love these books.