Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The good old way

The Bible says there's a good old way. Really? I'm not making it up!
Jeremiah 6:16 "Thus says the Lord: Stand by the roads and look; and ask for the eternal paths, where the good, old way is; then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

Yesterday, my friends treated me to a day out shopping. I had no idea we were going on a shopping spree for me---but we did! My friends are extravagant with their love and their giving. As we started our trip, Jodina gave me the verse above as our guide for the day. They wanted me to rest....they think I've been giving out a little too much recently. (I love this kind of accountability!!) The day was so much fun and I have a completely new wardrobe.

In my quiet time with the Lord, I read through the Bible and ask God to speak to me through whatever chapter I happen to be reading for that day. I'm in Jeremiah right now. I didn't pay attention to the reference yesterday, but this verse was in my readings today! So...I perked up! When God gives me the same verse two days in a row, I figure he wants my undivided attention.

What are the eternal paths? Where is the good, old way? I want that rest, don't you? I'm going to be meditating on this today. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the eternal paths and the good, old way.

1 comment:

As We Are said...

SO... where are the pictures of your new wardrobe?!?!?! We need some modeling please. Becky, I am so excited for you. I know this is something that you needed and would not do for yourself. You give so much to others and I think you really needed this day for YOU! I'm so blessed by your friends and their willingness to give.

And, I LOVE that verse. I'm searching for what I'm missing from the "good, old way."