Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christian Heroes; Then & Now Series--Post 2

I'm going to keep hounding everyone out there who is building a library to GET THESE BOOKS! These books will be particularly good when your children are around 12 years old. They are the Christian Heroes; Then & Now Series and can be found at christianbook.com.
I just finished reading about Cameron Townsend, the founder of Wycliffe Bible Translators. I was so inspired by his life! The interesting thing about this series is you find out our Christian heroes were human---and faced great difficulties in their lives. But what makes them a hero is that they overcame! I can't say enough good things about this series. Obviously, it's books adults will love, too. We've had them in our church library a long time, but I'm just now reading them. I've loved everyone I've read. They are really good books!

No comments: