Monday, May 9, 2016

Traces of Guilt by Dee Henderson


Dee Henderson has hit another home run!  I have to admit...I'm a huge fan of Dee Henderson's writing and was excited when I was given her new book to review.  I wasn't disappointed.  The thing I love about Traces of Guilt is that characters from some of Henderson's recent books are a part of this new series.

The thing I've recently learned about myself is that I love solving mysteries and unraveling puzzles.  It's obvious that Dee Henderson loves the same.  But she not only unravels mysteries in her books--she creates them to then solve them.  And I'm always surprised.  I never see the endings coming.

Traces of Guilt brings in a new character:  Evie Blackwell, a young detective who is being groomed by Ann Falcon to work with the governor.  Evie comes to Carin County to spend two weeks working two cold cases as a precursor to launching a task force who will work across Illinois solving cold cases.  She meets the Thane men as she begins working these cases and they become partners in trying to solve these crimes--crimes which are personal because they happened to those they love.

I'm anxious to read the sequel(s) to this book!  I can't recommend it enough.  If you'd like to meet some of these characters, I'd recommend reading Taken.  I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: