Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Tooth Fairy Story


In honor of Zach's 31st birthday, I'm telling this story....

This is about the age Zach was when David lost his first tooth.  David & Zach shared a bedroom at the time. Actually, the two of them shared a bedroom with their big sister because we lived in a 2-bedroom apartment...but that's another story.  David was so excited over losing his first tooth!!  It was a big deal.  When our kids lost their first tooth, the Tooth Fairy brought them $5.  David couldn't wait to put his tooth under his pillow and go to sleep to find that $5 the next morning.  Zach, on the other hand, became hysterical!  He didn't want that Tooth Fairy coming into his room!!!  I tried to explain how nice she was and that he had nothing to be afraid of, but he couldn't be consoled.  So...I did the only thing a good mother could do.

I took Zach into my bedroom and told him I was going to tell him a secret--something he couldn't tell his brothers or sister.  I was whispering for good effect.  I said, "Zach, I'm the Tooth Fairy!"  A look of unbelief crossed his face and he said, "Uh-uh."  I shook my head 'yes' and assured him I was the Tooth Fairy.  "In fact," I told him, "I'll put a dime under your pillow tonight so you'll know I'm the Tooth Fairy."  I was pretty sure I had him convinced but he just kept staring at me.  Finally, he looked at me in wonder and asked, "How do you get to all those houses every night??"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACHARY!!  

No comments: