Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The First Hostage by Joel C. Rosenberg


I am a book reviewer for a couple of publishing companies, but I'm reviewing this book just because it's THAT good and I hope you'll go get it and read it for yourself!!

First, you need to know it's the second book in a series.  The first book of the series is The Third Target and it's a very good book.  But I'm going to say this is probably my favorite book I've read in about 10 years! And I think it's Joel C. Rosenberg's best book ever!  (I've read them all!)  The 2nd thing you need to know is that Joel C. Rosenberg has a political background.  He's worked in the U.S. government and the Israeli government.  He's a Messianic Jew and has his finger on the pulse of the geopolitical world and senses what is coming down the pike.  You would think he's a prophet if you read his books because so many of the situations in his books have actually come to pass after his book went to print, but he disclaims that theory.

Even though this book is a work of fiction, you feel like it's a report coming out of the Middle East.  J.B. Collins, a reporter for the New York Times is involved with world leaders who are meeting in Jordan for the signing of a peace treaty.  But it's at that very moment ISIS attacks and kills hundreds of world leaders and captures the president of the United States!  The rest of the book is J.B.'s search for the president, the story of the century, and an awareness that his brother's and mother's prayers are protecting him.

I won't lie.  It's an intense story.  And I could have read it in one evening...but I wanted to savor it and make it last as long as I could.  So I made it last two days.  ;)  But I'm about to pick it up and read it again...tonight.

It's that good.


No comments: