I've always told you I'd prepare you for things to come. But let me just say this at the outset: "Purpose in your minds and hearts to enjoy each moment God has for you!"
I read a meme this morning which said, "I thought growing old would take longer." Seriously.
- One day you're sitting in school looking out the window wondering if you'll ever be out of school and get to make your own decisions.
- The next minute you're married with babies. This season seems like it will never end!
- And then your children start school. It's a moment for celebration--you have your life back--for a moment--only a moment!
- But then your children enter middle school and with all of their activities, you blink and they've graduated.
- Your children consecutively leave home, go to college, get married, and start having babies.
- You get to relive all of those baby and little kid moments--savoring them this time--because you're not responsible for the hard things. You get to enjoy and encourage.
- You watch them grow and want it all to stop. If only you could keep them little.
- You realize you can't slow the process down and soon you'll be starting the process all over again.
Savor each moment. Invest in this time.