Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Seasons of Life


To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted,
A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up,
A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
A time to get and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away,
A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. 
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
I'm finally learning to embrace the seasons of my life.  When I was younger, I didn't really recognize there were seasons to my life.  Or if I did, I was struggling to get to the other side.  I mean, when you have 2 babies in diapers, it's hard to see there will be a life after diapers!  
I'm in the "time to break down" season.  God has quietly drawn me near Him and slowly begun breaking me down.  He's shown me things about myself that have always been there that shouldn't be there.  He's revealing me to me.  Thankfully, He does that through His mercy and grace.
Although this isn't a fun season, I'm coming in agreement with Him, submitting to His good plan for my life.  The stuff I see, I want gone!  And I'm sure there's more to come.  And I remind myself:  it's just a season.
I eagerly await the "building up" season.

No comments: