Sunday, September 29, 2013

Enjoy

I was listening to Zach Neese in his video series Worship Trainer and in it he said something to the effect that God created us to enjoy fellowship with us.  I've heard that many times, but this time something clicked in my brain!  ENJOY.  If God wants to enjoy our fellowship, then just maybe He wants us to enjoy fellowship with one another.

That sounds so simple! So why do I spend so much time striving and trying to change people?  Why do I want to convince people to be just like me, to think like me?

I can tell you that God has been moving me towards this for a couple of years now.  I'm moving to a new place...a place of enjoyment.  I don't need to (and can't) change anyone.  That's not my job.  Heck!  I can't even change myself--that's the work of the Holy Spirit.

But I can enjoy.  It's changed my whole paradigm.  And I've already put it into practice.  It's a much better way of life...one which I think will lead to a deeper unity.

1 comment: