Monday, December 13, 2010

Radical by David Platt


I can name about 5 books that have affected me so deeply that it caused a paradigm shift. This is one of those books.

David Platt challenges us in this book to examine how much of what we believe about the church is cultural and not necessarily scriptural. In fact, he states in the beginning of the book that he was the youngest pastor of a megachurch in America and began to see that what he was living was contrary to the example Jesus left us to follow.

He has also traveled extensively throughout the world and gives examples of how the church is surviving and thriving in places you would least expect. And many of those churches are duplicating themselves in a slow and steady manner.

David has a radical one year experiment that he encourages us to join. And through this experiment, he believes the American church will be transformed--one person at a time.  There's so much in this book to chew on and receive.  I wouldn't want you to miss any part of it--so get this book!
 
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Thank you to Multnomah  for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.