Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Lion

Not a lion.

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."  I Peter 5:8

My prayer group talked about this verse yesterday.  I know we're all aware that Satan is that roaring lion who would like nothing better than to devour us.  We've all probably had a few chomps taken out of our behinds as he's snuck up on us.  But Tuesday, as we were praying, I had a vivid picture in my mind.  I saw this lion coming up on me like I was a rabbit.  Only I was just sitting there licking my paws (feet?) and didn't run away.

I stopped our prayer time and asked my prayer partners why they thought Satan was having so much success in devouring his prey all around us (and including us).  These are some of the answers we came up with--see what you think:
  • We're tired.  We have no energy to run away.
  • We're unfocused.
  • We're not aware of the danger.
  • We're not quiet enough to hear the lion stalking us.
  • Our world is so noisy we don't hear the lion.
  • We're distracted.
  • We're living in the lion's territory.
We decided we need to get quiet--to stop all of the technology around us and just be still.  Do we know how anymore?  To be continued...

No comments: