Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

This post is not for the faint of heart!  There are 41 photos---yep, 41!  But I figured it was my blog and I could put them all on here if I wanted to.  And the only order to it is that we celebrated with Matt's family on Christmas Eve--and they are posted first.  Christmas Day is in random order. 

Alexis--Matt's daughter

Caitlin--Matt's daughter

These girls are good receivers!  They are always excited about their gifts.

And I love that they still want dolls.

We were very impressed with Rapunzel's hair.

Caitlin's doll's name was "Alexis."  Sweet!

Blow drying Rapunzel's hair.

Dressing her doll.

Lisa helping Alexis open a gift.

Matt texting his dad--who was sitting right next to him.

Lisa opening her gift--the book "Redeeming Love."

I know it's hard to see...but this is the gift Santa brought Caitlin & Alexis!  Two pygmy goats.  Yep, that's right.  Goats!!

Alexis with Flower (left) and Caitlin with Faline.  Uncle Zach sent me this pic.
Which leads us to Christmas Day.... 
Addie--David's daughter

Ryan--David's son opening his Big Country Western Town.

Zach opening Dax's first Converses. 

Addie scanning food with her new cash register.

Ryan opening more gifts.

Uncle Zach & Aunt Shanna checking out at the grocery store.

David reading his card.

Zach reading his card that came with his book.

Lindsey & Shanna opening their gifts.

Me--opening my gift from Zach & Shanna.  EIGHT spots for EIGHT grandkids!!  Perfect.

Lindsey showing the Little House paper dolls to Addie & Ryan.

Zach opening Dax's superman outfit.

My camera strap cover!!  So cute!

Lindsey & Shanna reading their cards.

Shanna & Dax

This photo needs explanation.  I cleaned out a closet--I was so tired of all the crap in there!  And most of it was computer stuff like this that David had left behind.  So Andy took it all and wrapped it in a box and tagged it to DKText.  I think David was actually excited to see some of this stuff again.  Lindsey wasn't.  (FYI:  Great way to get rid of stuff--wrap it up!)

Addie giving Pops "Ekimo" kisses.

Happy Birthday to You, Jesus!

Addie & Ryan blow out his candles.

Ryan on the phone, talking to his cousin, Isaac.

Patiently waiting for Dad to get all of the toys out of the boxes. 

I could honestly say that I think Addie spent an hour in front of this fire.

Pregnant women can go from this....

...to this in a matter of minutes!  (Isn't she adorable?) 

Lindsey

Guh & Addie

David, Ryan & Pops

Zach & his new frap machine.  It made us all scream! 

The David Dietz Family


Andy & I spent our first Christmas Eve alone--ever.  Of course, we spent about an hour with Matt's family that afternoon, but for the most part, we were alone.  We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church and afterwards we went to eat at Bennigans.  I told Andy we should be at a Chinese restaurant in honor of all the Christmas movies.  We had a quiet evening.  Our morning started at 8:30 when Caitlin & Alexis called to tell us Santa had brought them goats!  They were so excited!!  They've moved out in the "country" and have wanted all kinds of animals--so goats are only the beginning, I think.  Later, Zach & Shanna and David & Lindsey & kids came and we had a great lunch together and enjoyed a full afternoon visiting and playing.  We talked to Jay & Amy and their kids around noon and heard about the gifts they had opened.  Then Josiah, their 5-year-old played "Joy to the World" with 2 hands on the piano--by ear.  He'd just learned it the day before.  We think he's a child prodigy!!  You can hear all about the Wright's Christmas here.  It was a wonderful Christmas---different, yet wonderful. 

8 comments:

amy wright said...

1. I like that Caitlin wore her purse even while opening gifts.
2. The baby Converse are so cute!
3. David and his stuff. I have a first born like that.
4. Ryan's missing tooth is adorable.
5. We missed y'all!

amy wright said...

Josiah keeps asking Isaac if he'd like piano lessons from him (Isaac lessons from Josiah.) haha

As We Are said...

Awe, what a cute family you have!

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Great photos. The David Dietz family looks amazing--well, I mean, the parents and their diet! WOW! And Shanna is adorable!

Tammy said...

Becky what a beautiful family you have. Russ and I have found that there are times when we've been alone on the holidays too. We started a tradition of going to the movies with each other and have found that we love that. It's kind of a take a deep breath, relaxing time with each other. of course sometimes we are lucky enough to have some of the kid's and their families go too. Hope you have a Blessed New Year ahead of you!

Sarah said...

The baby Converse & Superman outfit are great!!! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!!! The pictures are great & I think it's awesome that Matt's girls got goats. I'm a little jealous, I wanted a goat...I have no place for one now though...and I don't know how well that would go over with my dogs! ;)

Lindsey said...

Just wanted you to know that I swiped a few of our pics from your blog to post on mine...:)

Kara said...

You can never have too many pictures in a blog, right??? LOVE the pictures and what a fun Christmas. I loved that you got Shanna sleeping, she is adorable.