Friday, November 12, 2010

Winter Wisdom

Don't you just love it when you've been wise?  I just knew seasons were about to change!!  In my last blog, I wrote that I wanted to take some photos of fall before it leaves...or leaves before they fall...and I did.  Wisdom.  And now I present to you the first snow of the season.

I got up at 6:30 to be at work early.  It had rained off and on all night (2.75 inches!).  And even when I woke up, I heard rain (or at least I thought I did).

But by the time I was dressed and looked out my front door, it had become SNOW!  And not just any snow...big, fat furballs of snow hitting the ground.  It was so beautiful, in fact, that I went and woke Andy up to come and see it.  And that's not something I do lightly....

I even texted David and tried to get him to get his kids up---they were so hoping for snow this week!  But David was a party pooper at 7 a.m.  So...the last of my fall decorations against the white of the snow.  I think I'll go turn on my Christmas music, light a fire in the fireplace and...think about putting up my Christmas tree!

2 comments:

Sewn Together said...

Beautiful!!!!

I'm so anxious to put up Christmas decor this year too! I just LOVE the Season - glad to know I'm not alone!

Lindsey said...

Dave wasn't the only party pooper. I wouldn't let the kids get up that early either! They {finally}woke up around 7:45, and I wish you could have heard their screams of joy. They were THRILLED!! Ryan kept saying, "See Addie! It snowed! God did hear my prayer! He answered it!" I love the last picture, by the way. Good perspective.