Monday, November 1, 2010

Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate


I received this book from Bethany House for review.  And I had no idea until I began doing research after reading the book, that it was the third book in a series.  Which says a lot to me---it could definitely be a stand-alone book.

I like Lisa Wingate's writing style.  Although when I read the first page of the book and it started out with what I later learned to be a little Creole accent that I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to wade through the book.  But it was a small spattering throughout the book.

I thought this book was highly engaging.  It tells the story of Kai Miller who has had a very hard upbringing--being dragged from pillar to post with her dad--and abandoned by her mom.  She feels unworthy.  She lives on the coast when a hurricane blows through and the book gives a great description of a hurricane evacuation and all of the dangers involved.  Kai runs into three older women from Daily, Texas and the rest of the book is the interaction between these four women, a nephew, and an African American church amidst a hurricane relief effort. 

I loved this book!  I give it 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to you.
Thank you to Bethany House Publishing Group for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.