Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Week--Post 4

We shifted gears on Thanksgiving Day.  The Dietz family all had Thanksgiving dinner at Liz's house.  And my family, the Sanders, came to our house.  What a fun day!!  It included my mom (Granny), my brother Gary and his wife, Amy, and my sister, Sandra and her family.  Sandra has 5 kids ranging in age from 7-22.  Her 7-year-old, Benjamin, thinks he's one of my grandkids since he fits right in their stairstep ages.  These cousins look forward to playing together!

Isaac

Benjamin

David & Ryan

Granny brought the Great-Grandkids' Christmas presents so they could open them together--early!  Benjamin included, of course.

Ryan & Addie ready to open!

Olivia opening her gift from Granny.

Granny having fun watching.

They each got a Rodney reindeer puppet that sang 3 songs.  What fun!!  We had several puppet shows throughout the day.

Granny cooking.

Gary & Zach waiting.

David & Jay

My nephew, Scott.

My nephew, Aaron.

Olivia & Rodney (or Rudolph, as she renamed him).

My sister, Sandra.

The food begins!!

More people getting more food...

Zach..what are you looking for?  Sorry I forgot to put out the pickled okra for you!

My sis-in-law, Amy.

My brother-in-law, Mark, who just had his 2nd knee surgery.

Mother & Daughter toes.

The after-dinner football game begins.  The young guys...

against the old guys.

The after-dinner remains!

Addie & Rodney

Isaac & Benjamin watching a movie.

Aunt Shanna & Josiah watching the movie.

Jay & David

Gary & Amy playing Bananagrams

Sandra & Amy playing.

Amy & Lindsey concentrating.

Nathan (my nephew) and Amy playing.

Amy & Ryan chatting.

Olivia feeding Gary pretend food...sushi, I think.

Supergirl?  Wondergirl?  It's Addie!

Sarah & Benjamin, the oldest and youngest of Sandra's kids.
The Sanders Thanksgiving was a HUGE success!  We are so blessed to have such great family time. 
What a fun Thanksgiving Day.

Oh!  And one little tuckered-out Josiah.  His motor never stopped running--til the end.

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Oh wow, this Thanksgiving Week is looking absolutely awesome. Keep up the good work. We also had celebrated our son’s birthday recently and used the Easter theme. We had booked the most beautiful Los Angeles event venues and had made this deal at such a low cost. I am also going to share those birthday week photos on my blog.