Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann



I loved this book.  I'm a big fan of Kristen Heitzmann's writing.  I hadn't read this book until now, even though it was originally written in 2003.  This is a repackaged version.

The book is centered around Noelle St. Claire, a young woman from an afflluent background who from the beginnng of the story is on the run.  She leaves her father, a prominent lawyer, and her fiance, Michael, her father's protoge.  Noelle is facing demons from her past--but she has no idea what they are or what they mean.  She arrives at a horse ranch owned by Rick Spencer.  At the ranch, Noelle finally feels safe.  Rick's roguish brother, Morgan, recognizes the fragile state Noelle is in and tries to help her open up.  But it's Rick's steadiness and strength that causes Noelle to finally begin confiding the nightmare she's been hiding.  Of course, this causes a conflict between the two brothers.  Noelle remains hidden from her father and former fiance for months, but soon her father's private investigator locates her--about the same time her former fiance finds her. 

The twists and turns in this book keep you guessing as to the outcome of the book.  And the tension in the story line is just enough--not so much that you have to lay the book down, but enough to keep you turning the pages to see the end.  In fact, I had an all-nighter just to finish the book.  I couldn't put it down.

I give this book a high 5 out of 5 stars.  I think it's one you're sure to enjoy!

Thank you to Bethany House Publishing Group for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh man! I'm glad you posted a review. I read the book but forgot to review it. LOL
It is a good one!