Thursday, March 5, 2015

More than I can ask for...


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."  Ephesians 3:20

I have this scripture hanging in my living room.  I've been looking at it intently for the past few months.  I want to see God do more than I can ask or imagine in my life, don't you?  


If we are a believer, we have God's power residing within us.  But I also believe that when we walk in faith, we release that power.  When you examine the word "power," it's the Greek word dynamis--a dynamite-like power.  It's the power Jesus had to do miracles.


I was faced with this:  What am I doing right now that can only be explained by God?  Is there any ministry I'm involved in which I can't do in my own power?  How much am I doing in my own strength?


I believe it's possible to float through life doing ministry in our own power and never tap into the extraordinary power of God.  I encourage you to stop, examine, and ask.  Stop what you're doing and take a good, hard look at it.  Examine it.  Are you doing things in your own strength...or are you allowing the power of God to work through you?  ASK God to release His power through you.  Ask Him for the unimaginable!!  Believe Him for miracles.  Ask Him to amaze you.  Ask Him for things you can't do!  Ask Him for the miracle-releasing dynamite power to be at work within you and through you.


Ask...and keep on asking.

No comments: