Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Here's My Weakness, God!

Has God spoken something into your life?  Have you then watched as Satan tried to destroy it?  Me, too.

That was my thought as Zach preached this sermon last week.  Joseph had a couple of dreams--ones where his family members bowed down to him.  Which meant he would some day have some kind of authority over his own family.  And Satan (using his jealous brothers and a spurned woman) did his dead-level-best to destroy that prophecy.  Joseph was sold into slavery and then ended up in prison.  But I believe God used those situations in his life to temper Joseph...to strengthen his integrity, determination and courage.  And God wasn't hampered by those details--He used them!  He took the dire circumstances of Joseph's life and lifted him to a place of leadership...one where his family came and bowed before him.

This gives me so much encouragement!  I've been meditating on this all week.  And it goes hand-in-hand with II Corinthians 12:9-10, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Whether God has spoken into our lives or we just have a weakness...we can know Satan wants to destroy us in that area.  But God wants to fulfill His good plan and turn our weakness into a strength.  The very thing Satan wants to destroy in us is the very thing God will use.  And he may use the dire circumstances of our lives to fulfill His promise.


This has caused me to come to God anew and offer Him my weak place.  Here's my weakness, God!  I want it to become strong through the power and workings of the Holy Spirit.  In fact...God said that's exactly what He would do!  And I believe Him.




"As for you, you thought evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring about that many people should be kept alive, as they are this day."  
Genesis 50:20

No comments: