Thursday, May 31, 2012

Deception


There are so many verses in the Bible about deception.  Jeremiah tells us that we can't be deceived except by our own consent.  Obadiah tells us that the pride of our heart deceives us.  Ezekiel says that God allows deception to punish the false prophet.  Ananias & Sapphira died trying to deceive the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 24 warns us not to be deceived in the last days.  False prophets and false Christs will arise and try to lead people astray.  They will show great signs and wonders!  That chapter says that if it were possible, they would even lead the very elect (God's chosen ones) astray.

Why do I feel the need to address this?  I'm seeing it happen.  I've seen it happen to people who I thought would/could never be deceived.  I Timothy 4:1 says that in the latter days some will turn away from the faith, and give attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach.  Demons teach.  Wow.  They don't come teaching dressed as a demon either.  They come appearing to be good people; sheep, not wolves.

I'm so concerned.  People I love are turning away from the Truth.  And it only takes pride and consent on our part.  All it takes is believing we know more...or believing we can't be deceived...or making friends with the wrong people...or being more amazed with the signs than with worshiping Jesus...or not knowing the Truth of the Word of God so you can't discern Truth from lies...or being unwilling to bow to God.

My heart is heavy.  If we're unable to discern the Truth now, what happens when those signs and wonders come from false prophets?  Begin asking God every single day, "God, please lead me to and keep me in  Your Truth!"  Choose to humbly submit yourself to Him.  And..be in the Word.  It is Truth!

No comments: