Friday, July 29, 2011

Submission

What could God do through us if we were totally submitted to Him?  That's not a question I've responded to well most my life.  I've not been a submitter.  In fact, I had to confess to a pastor a few years ago that I had trouble submitting--to anyone.  And I'm ashamed to admit that.  It's taken me too long to get to a place of submission...and it hasn't come easy.

Honestly, if you think of almost any situation where there's conflict, complaining, disunity, disloyalty, rebellion or unforgiveness you can trace the root to a lack of submission.

Am I submitted to God?  Am I submitted to my husband (and he to me--the mutual submission talked about in Ephesians 5:21)?  Am I submitted to church leadership?  If not, why not?

And what is the opposite of submission?....REBELLION...which is like witchcraft. (I Samuel 15:23)  This is how the dictionary defines it:
re·bel·lion
[ri-bel-yuhn]–noun



1. open, organized, and armed resistance to one's government or ruler.


2. resistance to or defiance of any authority, control, or tradition.


Tonight, I was confronted again with my rebellion.  My open, organized, and armed resistance and defiance to my authority.

Father, give me a submissive heart.  I want to see what You can do through me with a totally submitted heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah...submission, one of my favorite topics and yet one that I SO struggle with day after day! However, looking at true Biblical Submission is a beautiful revelation!