Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Speak to your Soul

Psalm 103: 1-2
"Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!  Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--"

This past weekend, I was riding in the car with Zach and he was talking about hearing a sermon or song which talked about how often David (of the Bible) spoke to his soul.  I've been mulling that over.

Our soul is our mind, will and emotions.  And I think David, from reading his writings, was a melancholy person.  Not downhearted all the time---but he had his highs and his lows.  And I think he spoke Truth to his soul to get back on track.

Have you ever had a day of great highs and great lows---all in the same day?  I have.  Even since Zach & I had that conversation.  And I found myself speaking to my soul.  Demanding it to get back in line with the Word.  In fact, God used the very verses above to help me.  I told my soul to name all of the benefits God has blessed me with....and to not forget one of them.

I highly recommend speaking to your soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!! Great post and insight!

Julie Simmons said...

YES YES YES!! Love it!