Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Alarmists by Don Hoesel


I recently read the book, The Alarmists, by Don Hoesel.  The scenario of this book is about a very wealthy man with media monopolization who manipulates the ending of the world--or at least a panicked world.  And you know what?  I could totally see something like this really happening. 
The book takes you from one corner of the world to the other.  Brent Michaels is a college professor who is called in by the Pentagon to consult as a sociologist--trying to put world events together to see if there was once source creating chaos around the world.  Colonel Richards of the NIIU is the person in charge of tracking the breakdown of civilization.  And Colonel Richards has a team working for him which now includes Dr. Brent Michaels. 

Brent Michaels begins to believe that someone is manipulating small events towards one large polarizing event to piggyback on the ending of the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012 which would create total chaos and the complete breakdown of civilization.  As he reaches this conclusion, he only has 9 days to discover who is behind it...and exactly what is that polarizing event.

This book was fun to read after I finally got into it.  The first part of the book had me confused with the characters.  Later, you understand that one man has an assumed name.  And since the book tracks all over the world with the different characters, it was a bit hard to follow at times.  But the theme of the book clearly had me intrigued.

I'd give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Thank you to Bethany House  for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments: