Monday, May 30, 2011

Ike

Isaac (or Ike) is 8 years old.  He's the oldest of his siblings---and quite the first born.  On the flip side of that, he's a sensitive guy.  I love his heart.  He's also very musical.  He reminds me of his mother at that age.  She went around singing all the time!  Isaac is singing as soon as he gets up and you can hear him throughout the day.  (Side note:  One time we had all the kids in the back of our brown station wagon [before car seats], going to Amarillo.  Amy was singing "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of her lungs.  In the middle of the song, she beat up her brothers and immediately sequed back in to the song.  Too funny!)

Isaac loves football right now.  I got to watch him at his last game of the season---and saw him throw the touchdown pass to win them the game!  Way to go, Ike!!

Since I was going to be here for 3 days, I told each of the kids they could choose their favorite place to eat and we'd eat out one meal a day.  Josiah chose Chuck E. Cheese's (and I survived to tell you this!), Olivia chose Chick'n Shake (Steak & Shake)--for the shakes alone, and Isaac chose Panda Bear--mainly because it was across the street from Maggie Moo's--their favorite ice cream place.

I'd never been to Panda Bear and it was quite good.....as you can tell.

And this boy does like his ice cream....


...as do they!


Isaac suggested on the way home from lunch that we surprise mom and dad and hide, dress up, hide Andy the dog, jump out, etc., etc.  I suggested they'd be plenty surprised if we cleaned the house.  The three weren't too excited with my version of a surprise.  Mom & Dad are due in about 3 hours.  I hope we have time to pull it off!!!

No comments: