Monday, June 20, 2011

Appearances

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,  heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." II Timothy 3:1-5 (Emphasis mine)

Lots of things are running through my mind these days.  And God keeps putting His finger on areas in my life.

One of those things is a conviction from the above verse.  I really don't want to admit the number of times I have the appearance of godliness but deny the power of God in my life.  For instance, do I just click on Facebook comments that "I'll be praying!"....or do I fall on my face and actually pray?  Am I seeing God work powerfully through my life...or am I just going through the motions?  Do I want people to think I'm godly...or do I fear God more than people?  

It's not comfortable when God puts His finger on my heart.

No comments: