Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This Day

As I meditated on my last post last night, I realized what a slap in the face it is to God when I try to figure out my future.  Instead of enjoying the gift of today, I'm analyzing and jumping ahead of God to see what's in front of me.

Have you ever given a gift to one of your children and then they didn't like it?  What a disappointment!   Or imagine me, as a child, getting a doll for my birthday (on December 16) and not being able to enjoy it for wondering if I was going to get the doll bed on Christmas.

I've been like that...not about the doll....but with my adult life.  I haven't enjoyed what's right in front of me for wanting to know what's ahead of me.

But I'm making a concerted effort to change all that.  I woke up this morning thanking God for the gift of this day.  I'm going to enjoy it and embrace it.  I'm not going to bug Him all day long asking Him about what's ahead of me.  I know Him well enough to know that He's already got it all worked out.  I don't need to worry.  And even if the enemy throws something really rotten into my day, God's already promised to work it out for my benefit.

Thank you for my new glasses today, God!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good word! You got new glasses?!

Sandra said...

Love it.