Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Signpost

I promised to give you signposts along this road as I get older....to help prepare you for what's coming.  I'm now 55 years old and this is the year that it actually hurts my hands to open a jar.  I know...can you believe it?  Those quirky little rubber thingamabobs United Way gave out last year are now coming in handy.  A few more signposts include age spots, melting skin, and....well, there I go again!  What is that word I'm looking for??  (These senior moments are happening a little more often, too.)
But I have a lot to look forward to.  Some dear friends, aged 92 and 80, came to see me this week.  They told me they are as happy as larks!  They can't remember why they're upset, hurt, or angry.  So every morning they wake up, it's a new day filled with happiness.  Won't that be fun?

3 comments:

amy wright said...

Melting skin??

Becky Dietz said...

Unfortunately, Amy. That's the word that came to mind as I looked in the mirror today after a nap. Sad...

Tammy said...

you know it's all just a number right? but my word this aging process is hard to take. i have noticed the jar opening already too. i used to hate those infomercials, but now i understand what they are all about hahahahahaha the melting skin? now that one scares me! i have the achy joints, limp a long......