Friday, March 11, 2011

Birth Pains


Have you ever had a baby and experienced childbirth?  I can tell you about four separate experiences myself.  The pains start out mild and quite far apart.  Over time, they get closer together and more intense.  Right before the baby is born, you can't differentiate one contraction from another.  And I can promise you (from having 3 without pain medication)....the pain is intense!

Jesus told his disciples (Matthew 24) about the warning signs when they asked what the end of the age and his coming would look like .  And he likened it to the pains of childbirth. 

Years ago, I was watching a report on El Nino (a weather pattern) and they showed a graph which looked just like a monitor graph of contractions in childbirth.  I was stunned!  I made Andy come look at it.  I imagined that's what was actually going on in the spiritual realm---those contractions were being monitored---contractions of the pains before Jesus returns.

Well, it appears the contractions are getting closer together.  I honestly don't believe it's going to be long before Jesus returns.  And I'm excited!!

May I suggest something?  This isn't to be an alarmist or cause fear.  I think it's just plain smart.  I suggest everyone store food and water which would last you and your family for at least a couple of weeks.  I'd also suggest an emergency preparation kit.  You can make one yourself.  You can find a list on the Red Cross website.   God has told us there will be natural disasters before Jesus returns.  I think it's only smart to be prepared.   If you were to ask the people of Japan, where an earthquake and tsunami have just occurred, or the people in the midwest of the U.S., who are experiencing floods, if they wish they'd been a little more prepared, I can assure you they would say "YES!"  If God warned us, we should take notice!

 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."  Matt. 24:45-46

Please be praying for the people in Japan, the midwest--and everywhere there's been a catastrophe.  I can't imagine the devastation.  And pray for those who will go and share the gospel---the fields are white unto harvest!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Good advice. Wise advice. You are right that natural disasters are just a part of our lives.