Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Borrower is Servant to the Lender

We owe money to China.  (Do you remember how you spent your stimulus check in 2008?)  China came to visit the U.S. this week---many thought to call in the loan(s) they'd made.  But as you can see here, a lot of pomp and circumstance took place with subtle jabs made.  But it seems to me, we did a lot of sucking up!  We'd better sit up and take notice.  God's Word doesn't change.  "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender."  Proverbs 22:7 
We owe China.  My cousin just posted this article--more evidence of China's rising.  I think what Glenn Beck has to say in this video is worth listening to.

*A good friend challenged me that these problems aren't due to the current president---and I totally AGREE!  (In fact, it was President Bush who borrowed for the stimulus!)  I didn't want anyone to assume I believe we're in debt to China because of a president.  I believe we are servants of China because of  our greed, gluttony, and complacency.

No comments: